Monday, April 8, 2013

Super Foot

I hurt my foot a couple weeks before. I had tripped in our staircases on Sunday afternoon, and it quickly became swollen and painful. Yet as I was able to walk, therefore I assumed it was only a bad sprain. Physiotherapist, taped foot, anti-inflamatory creams, anti-inflamatory pills, not to avail. I was such in denial that I even booked tickets for a hiking adventure with some friends.
When we were at the hospital for Emmanuel's arm, he stepped on my foot. My son's 14 kg brought me excruciating pain. Only then I had to conclude something was wrong. So back to the hospital and Xray room. Diagnostic: broken 5th metastasis. Ouch.
Instead of a cast, they gave me a "robofoot", a boot that immobilized the foot. What a beautiful thing to get right before our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment