Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Another Interesting Find Around my Quadra

So this morning after dropping the kids in school, I drove by the little library to take a few more pictures. While I was walking around on the carpet of dried leaves, I noticed a small and cute little structure a little further away. While I started to take pictures of it, I quickly got noticed. Indeed, a man standing in the little boot seemed to mind my curiosity. I could see him standing in the boot in a strategic way making sure to keep an eye on me while I shot away.
Wanting to avoid trouble, yet wanting a few more pictures, I imagined the best strategy would be to approach the object of my curiosity, use my most precious portuguese wizardry and disclose my status of architect - a genuine reason for someone taking photos of a small unknown and strange building at 7h45 in the morning - and see how many more shots I could gain.
I scored high. It turns out the booth is actually a small police station - for the military police to be exact - and is one of a few specimen built when the city was initially completed. The policeman was actually quite friendly once he understood what I was doing, and even invited me to take pictures inside. Like what, being an architect in Brasilia can open a few unexpected doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment